.

.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday

One
Have you heard of the app for your iPhone called Argus? It is a fitness app that does all kinds of stuff including counting your steps, keeping track of your water/ food intake, and even measuring your blood pressure. I have become obsessed with getting in my "steps" everyday and you can find me pacing the living room most nights before bed trying to reach my goal of 10,000.

Two
Last month Matt and I both caught the flu bug. I haven't been that sick in a while and it wasn't pretty. What was especially rough was that Matt got it the day before he was set to preach at the church. Praise the Lord- he made it through the worst of it before Sunday, and did an excellent job. Here is the link to his sermon if you are interested.

Three
This past Sunday my sister came to town so we could attend the baby shower of an old friend. Before we went she snapped some photos of me, Matt, and Boo dog. I also took some pics of her and Jane baby a.k.a. "cutest niece in the whole world". You can see more at Char's blog, but here are a few of my favorites-




Four
Now that our winter retreat for the high school students is behind us we can start looking forward the next big thing which is the mission trip Matt is leading to Nicaragua. I am going along as a chaperone and am so excited to be going on my first missions trip outside the U.S.! This will also be the first time Matt and I have traveled outside the country together. Seems like it should be a bucket list item for our marriage. We will be spending our time there at Villa Esperanza in Managua, a home for abused and at-risk girls who had previously been living in the dump community.We will be serving alongside a local church and helping with all sorts of projects as well as hanging out with the girls living at the Villa. Matt and I both feel blessed for the opportunity to do this together and alongside some of our really awesome high school students!

 Five
In January Matt and I decided to challenge ourselves to eat at home for every meal. While there were a few exceptions, (meals out with family, etc.) I can say that we were pretty successful. Our month of eating at home inspired me to try to "cook my way through Pinterest" in 2014. While my ever growing food board would be hard to complete in a year, I think trying 100  new recipes is a realistic goal. I was off to a great start in January and when the flu made its way through our house last month cooking (and eating, in general) really lost its appeal. Hoping to get back on track this month.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Bets

12 comments:

  1. Saying hi from the link-up! We have a golden, too, they're the best. : ) I've never heard of Argus! I need to check it out, I currently use My Fitness Pal. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by! When I was growing up my family always had small dogs (mainly shih tzus) and now I am a completely convert- love my big golden retriever!!

      Delete
  2. Glad I found your blog via the link-up and glad you both are feeling better!! Can I just say how excited I am to get a Golden? We have a Lab now and I promised Emma a puppy brother soon haha xoxo Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I may be biased, I think goldens are the absolute cutest puppies- but labs are up there too! :) I would love the get a brother/ sister for Boo! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That last picture of you guys with your dog is so preicous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! we are lucky to have such a photogenic pup- she ups the cuteness factor in all of our pictures :)

      Delete
  4. oh that pup...we have been married almost a year and are looking to add a dog to our family of two so soon...your dog is absolutely beautiful! Happy weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend a golden retriever if you are wanting a big dog! :) hope you have had a good week!

      Delete
  5. oh man, I am obsessed with argus!!! and the sleep cycle one that links to it--it's addicting, to see what my deepest sleep hours are. nerdy? well yeah.

    love your sweet pup too!! have you seen the chevy "maddie" commercial? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE, LOVE that commercial!! Too sweet. And I totally agree about the sleep cycle app- I actually am in what seems like the never ending pursuit of an 100% efficient night of sleep- not sure if it is possible!

      Delete
  6. Girlie! Hi from the linkup! You are such a doll!!! And I love you even more as a dog lover because we are crazy obsessed with our little pupster too. Cheers, sweetness! I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, girl! I enjoyed checking out your blog as well!! Hope you had a great week :)

      Delete