.

.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holiday Recap [on THis THird THursday after THanksgiving]

We made it through our first married holiday. There were no tears. No stress about where to be. No FOMO (feelings of missing out). And that my friends, is something to be extremely thankful for!
We spent Wednesday night hanging out with my Tulsa cousins at my grandparents house in Wichita. Aunt Tierney provided flu shots. Kinda funny story- Matt didn't know that my Aunt Tierney was a nurse. He was a little sketched out when I told him it was his turn to get his shot in the kitchen. Later after we had gone back to our house I said something about the convenience of having an aunt who is a nurse and Matt was all "ohhhhhh, now that makes more sense..." I think he thought he was being initiated.

The next morning we did the Say Grace Thanksgiving Day 5k Race. Matt did really well, finished 167th overall [there were 1,700 runners]. I also did well- I finished my "walk" in less than an hour :) I think that will be a new tradition for us. Good cause, good fun, and it always feels nice to get a little exercise before a big Thanksgiving feast.

Matt's littlest bro, Jak, was in town for the Jaderston sibling spendy and decided to stay with us Wednesday night since Matt's folks were joining my family in Wichita for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday afternoon. It was SO nice to have both our families together for the holiday. I really hope we get lucky enough to do that again.
  Matt asleep in the den at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Wichita :)
  
 This "test shot" from when we were setting up the camera for the Jaderston family photo made me laugh.
 This one too! Cute Kels running to reset the timer :)
 Picture with the pups
Picture without the pups 
:)
The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out at home. Matt and I went on a dinner/ movie date. Delicious burgers at Fizz and then saw Catching Fire. 
Sunday we were off to Newton to see our sweet baby Jane be dedicated at church. So blessed by that little nugget. More about her and auntie day care later!

Bets



No comments:

Post a Comment